Are you looking for a high-quality machine for your embroidery and monogramming projects? If you want a dedicated machine your embroidery work, then this Brother PE800 review will help you understand the full potential of this machine.
What You'll Learn..
- What is Brother PE800?
- A few words about Brother
- Review of Brother PE800
- Key Features of Brother PE800
- Important Details & Quick Tips
- Should you buy the PE800?
- Other models might suit you if
- PE800 not for you? Here are some alternatives
- Wrapping Up PE800 Review
What is Brother PE800?
The Brother PE800 is an embroidery-only machine. This means that you can’t use it for sewing projects. It’s versatile and offers plenty of options to embroidery enthusiasts.
A few words about Brother
There are only a few companies that make high-quality embroidery machines, and Brother is one of them. The company understands users have different needs, so it keeps on providing them with feature-rich models they can use to bring their exclusive creations to life.
Review of Brother PE800
The Brother PE800 machine is great for every embroidery and monogramming enthusiast. It comes packed with hundreds of designs, but that’s not all. Users are able to download and buy thousands of wonderful motifs so there’s no limit to creativity.
What’s in the box?
- Dust cover and cleaning brush.
- 5″ x 7″ work area.
- 4 bobbins; one installed, needle set, and bobbin cover.
- 3 screwdrivers, one of them is disc-shaped.
- 4 spool caps of different sizes.
- User’s manuals.
Brother PE800 Specs
- Weight: 13.74 pounds.
- Dimensions: 21.8 x 19 x 19.1 inches.
- Speed: 650 spm.
- Designs: 138 built-in designs.
- 11 fonts (7 English, 3 Japanese, and 1 Cyrillic).
- 14 stitch patterns.
- 3.2” Smart color LCD touch screen.
- 5″ x 7″ embroidery field with built-in LED light.
- Automatic needle threader.
- Built-in USB port to download your favorite motifs.
- Warranty: 25-year warranty.
Key Features of Brother PE800
This is a computerized embroidery machine that suits amateurs and experts. It comes packed with built-in options and allows users to edit and customize more designs.
Bright Workspace of 5” X 7”
The expansive stitching field allows you to work on larger patterns and combine several motifs with less rehooping.
This is a good choice for home business owners who want to work on home decoration and bigger projects like coats and jackets. The LED lights allow you to see every detail while embroidering dark fabrics.
If you don’t need a big work area, you can find other models with a standard 4” X 4” workspace. These models may be more affordable.
Large Color LCD TouchScreen
To fully understand how to use the touchscreen can be a bit of a learning curve. The PE800 comes with useful tutorials that you can watch on the LCD, very helpful for first-timers.
You might not understand everything the first time you use the machine, especially if you’re still experimenting with embroidery. Learning and trying the different options of the PE800 is part of the fun.
Embroidery and Font Options
The PE800 offers an impressive collection of designs, lettering, borders, and fonts so you can work on any embroidery, monogramming or quilting project. You can browse a collection of 138 floral, scrollwork, quilting, and kids’ motifs. As well as 10 frames, 11 fonts, and 14 stitch patterns. The editing features of the touchscreen allow you to customize the shapes and sizes of these built-in designs.
This machine can’t be used for sewing. So if you’re planning to start a home business, you’ll have to invest in another model for sewing and making buttonholes. The PE800 is an excellent addition to your crafts arsenal as it will allow you to add your exclusive touch and signature to every piece you finish.
The manufacturers of the PE800 understand that there’s no limit to artists’ creativity. This is why they added the USB port so users can access thousands of exclusive motifs and patterns. You can save your custom designs – after editing them – to the built-in memory, creating a unique library of your favorite patterns and shapes.
The touchscreen allows you to review, edit, and customize your designs. You can move your design around, pick another color, change the size, mirror, and rotate several embroidery and lettering options. If your motif doesn’t fit, the screen will let you know. This is helpful, especially for beginners.
Even if you don’t buy any extra motifs, you can easily customize the existing built-in ones. There’s no limit to the color combinations, resizing, mirroring, rotating, and other editing features that can help you execute a one-of-its-kind piece every single time. You can see how your design will look before you start working on it to avoid mistakes.
Automatic Threader and Thread Trimmer
An automatic threader is a great feature. You’re working on a design where you want to use different thread colors, and changing them shouldn’t be difficult.
You’ll be able to get back to work quickly without spending ages trying to thread the needle. You can follow the numbered threaded diagram and the threader will push the thread through the needle saving you time and effort. The machine also comes with a thread trimmer to give your customized projects the best finish.
These features appeal to professionals who don’t want to waste time. They also help amateurs finish their creations effortlessly.
Other Features worth a mention
The touchscreen will let you know when the bobbin runs out of thread, which is helpful for beginners. The bobbin winding system is easy, so you can start using the PE800 even if you have never worked on an embroidery machine before. There’s a clear bobbin plate, so you can monitor the supply of the thread.
It can be connected to your computer or a portable memory stick to transfer new designs to the built-in memory and you can later edit and customize the designs to create your own. Embroidery enthusiasts who are into hi-tech will love using this machine.
Important Details & Quick Tips
Although the PE800 comes packed with features, it’s suitable for beginners as well as experts because it’s user-friendly.
Ease of Use
The PE800 is super easy to use and comes with tutorials to help you understand how to use the different settings. It’s quite easy to set up and thread. The automatic threading system and bobbin winding will allow you to finish more designs in a shorter time.
The machine is pretty fast, with 650 stitches per minute so you can handle high volumes of embroidery and monogramming projects to start your home business.
The touchscreen will allow you to monitor and edit every detail before you start working on your design.
What We Like
- Computerized embroidery machine.
- 138 built-in designs, in addition to several fonts, frames, and patterns for all your decorative needs.
- Large color LCD touchscreen so you can customize and preview your creations.
- More versatile options thanks to the USB port so you can download and edit thousands of patterns.
- User-friendly with tutorials, manual, and on-screen notifications.
What We Don’t Like
- This is an embroidery only machine. If you need a combo machine for sewing and embroidery, then you should consider another model.
- The PE800 comes packed with lots of features, so beginners might struggle a little to explore its full potential.
Should you buy the PE800?
The PE800 comes packed with great features for embroidery and monogramming. It’s an excellent choice for someone who’s interested in embroidering only, as you can customize thousands of motifs. If you’re interested in sewing, there are better options.
Other models might suit you if
- You need a combo machine that combines sewing and embroidery.
- You are on a tight budget and don’t need lots of built-in designs.
- You don’t mind working on a standard 4” X 4” workspace.
PE800 not for you? Here are some alternatives
- For a lower price, you can get the Brother Embroidery Machine PE550D which provides fewer built-in designs and fonts with a smaller work area.
- Or you can check out the Brother SE600 or our review of the Brother SE1900 as these combine sewing with embroidery.
Wrapping Up PE800 Review
The Brother PE800 provides endless possibilities to amateur and experienced embroidery enthusiasts. It features a large work area with the option to edit your customized designs to create exclusive models.
This is an excellent choice for embroidery hobbyists as well as professionals who want to start their home business.
You might also like our favorite embroidery and sewing machines reviewed.