Are you looking for a machine that will help you launch your sewing and embroidery business? You need a versatile machine, so you can take your sewing and embroidery game to another level. Check out the Brother SE1900 Review and find out what this multipurpose machine can offer.
What You'll Learn..
- What is the Brother SE1900?
- A few words about Brother
- Review of Brother SE1900
- Key Features of Brother SE1900
- Important Details & Quick Tips
- Should You Buy the Brother SE1900?
- Other models might suit you if
- Brother SE1900 not for you? Here are some alternatives
- Wrapping up Brother SE1900 Review
What is the Brother SE1900?
The Brother SE1900 is a nifty machine. It combines sewing with embroidery in a computerized version for home and small business use.
This model won the 2018 Women’s Choice Award as it’s packed with interesting features, yet quite simple to use. If you’re looking to up your sewing and embroidery game, then you need to check out this model.
A few words about Brother
Brother makes high-quality and well-built machines to cater to all sewers’ needs. The advanced computerized models help hobby enthusiasts and experienced embroiderers bring their designs to life.
This manufacturer features highly in a lot of the top ten embroidery machine brand lists.
Review of Brother SE1900
This machine will allow you to create any sewing or embroidery project from scratch. You can upload and edit different stitches to execute any design.
What’s in the Box?
- Large 5×7 embroidery area.
- 240 sewing stitches.
- 138 built-in embroidery designs.
- 11 embroidery fonts.
- 10 frame shapes for monogramming.
- 10 styles of 1-step buttonholes.
- 3.2” Sew Smart color LCD touch screen display.
- 8 versatile sewing feet.
- USB port to import designs.
- Automatic needle threader.
Brother SE1900 Specs
- Weight: 38.5 pounds.
- Dimensions: 17.6 x 9.5 x 11.8 inches.
- Speed: Maximum sewing speed is 850 spm with 650 spm embroidery speed.
- Stitches: 240 built-in sewing stitches, 138 built-in embroidery designs, 10 buttonhole styles, and 11 monogramming lettering fonts.
- Work field: 5×7 inch.
- 8 versatile sewing feet.
- Horizontal and side stitching available.
- Free arm to sew pants and sleeves.
- Drop-feed feature for dotting.
- Drop-in bobbin.
- 3.2” Sew Smart color LCD touch screen display.
- Warranty: 25-year warranty.
Key Features of Brother SE1900
This machine combines several advanced hardware and software features to facilitate working on big and complicated projects.
The main feature of the SE 1900 is the 5X7 inch field allowing embroidery and monogramming work with less rehooping. It’s larger than the usual 4X4 inch work area found on other models.
The work area is backlit using LED light, which allows you to see the tiniest details on darker fabrics. You can position several embroidery and monogramming designs in the hoop to avoid mistakes.
COLOR LCD Touch Screen Display Screen
Thanks to the large screen, you’ll be able to see the color of threads, change them, and edit your design before you start working. Seeing your design in full color allows you to make changes, so your project looks and feels perfect.
Using the USB port, you can download thousands of available stitches for further personalization. You can also use the option of my Custom Stitch to save your favorite design for future use. If you’re not tech-savvy, you might struggle a little until you’re able to use this option.
The Brother SE 1900 offers 240 built-in sewing stitches, 10 frame shapes, 11 fonts, 138 built-in embroidery designs, and 10 buttonhole styles. This is more than you find in many other models. However, there are only seven English fonts, so you might never get to use the other ones.
If you’re a beginner, you’ll probably feel overwhelmed by the number of options this machine offers. There’s a learning curve to the SE1900, and this might frustrate beginners. But with practice, you’ll discover its full potential allowing you to progress to more challenging projects.
When you’re working on a tough project, you’ll appreciate the automatic threader. No more painful staring at the needle, especially if you’re working on an embroidery project that needs several thread color changes.
Be careful while working with the SE1900. Being too enthusiastic might tempt you to work fast and break the needle. The automatic speed controller allows you to take full control of your work pace.
Eight Sewing Feet
You can execute various projects using the machine’s eight feet; buttonhole, overcasting, monogramming, zipper, zigzag, button fitting, embroidery, and blind stitch foot. The SE1900 doesn’t come with a walking foot, which is a bit annoying.
Adjustability and Flexibility
From modifying the brightness of the screen to the automatic sewing speed controller, this is one of the most flexible machines on the market.
It lacks some options such as adjusting the embroidery speed, text on-screen editing, and automatic height adjustment. These extra features will appeal to an experienced user who needs a high-quality computerized sewing and embroidery machine.
Important Details & Quick Tips
The Brother SE1900 is what you need to work on larger and more complicated designs.
Ease of Use
This machine is fully computerized offering hundreds of options for beginners and experts. Using the different features is as easy as a button click, so you can advance to the next level.
As a beginner, you might not be able to utilize the full potential of this machine, but this is a well-built model that lasts for decades so you’ll be able to use it as your skills progress.
The SE1900 model comes with hundreds of sewing and embroidery built-in stitches, as well as monogramming and buttonhole options. You can gain access to more stitches and fonts by downloading using the USB.
Although the SE1900 free motion sewing, it doesn’t come with a walking foot for working on quilts and denim. You’ll have to buy this separately if this is what you want to do.
If you face a problem with needles breaking, then you’re working too fast. You’ll need to buy high-quality titanium needles and work slower. You should also buy a suitable stabilizer to avoid excessive pressure.
What We Like
- Highly versatile combo machine for sewing and embroidery.
- Hundreds of built-in sewing stitches, embroidery designs, frames, and fonts for monogramming, and buttonhole styles.
- Eight different sewing feet.
- Large work area of 5X7 inches.
- LCD screen to review and edit designs before they’re executed.
What We Don’t Like
- Expensive model.
- Unless you have some experience with computerized machines, you’ll spend time before you can utilize this machine to the fullest.
Should You Buy the Brother SE1900?
If you need a versatile combo machine, for home or small business use, then the SE1900 is the right one for you. It offers a big work area so you can start your home business and provides access to thousands of designs and fonts. It might not be the best option if you’re just starting out or if you don’t intend to take sewing and embroidering seriously.
Other models might suit you if
- You already have a good sewing machine and want a model to use for embroidery and monogramming only.
- You don’t need a large work area and can do well with a standard 4X4 inch workspace.
- You’re on a tight budget.
Brother SE1900 not for you? Here are some alternatives
- If you’re on a tight budget, you can choose the Brother SE600. It’s more suitable for beginners. See our review of the Brother SE600.
- The Brother Embroidery Machine, PE800 5” x 7”, Embroidery-Only Machine is what you need if you already have a good sewing machine. You’ll get all of the embroidery and monogramming options.
Wrapping up Brother SE1900 Review
The Brother SE 1900 is an excellent choice for more experienced users and those who want to start their home business. It’s quite expensive but it will give you various sewing and embroidery options in a top-quality machine.