Named in more than a few places as one of the best embroidery machines in 2018 and 2019, the EverSewn Hero 400 doesn’t fail to deliver.
With built-in pattern designs and a computerized system, this machine’s definitely a valuable addition if you’re an embroidery and/or sewing enthusiast.
We’ll show you the key features of the EverSewn Hero 400 and a few tips and tricks on how to get the best out of it.
What Is The Eversewn Hero 400?
This is a modern, computerized embroidery and sewing machine. By modern, I mean that it’s compact and lightweight. It won’t take over your work desk. You’ll have plenty of room to organize and put your threads and cloths. You’ll also be able to move it around easily.
It’s suitable for both beginners and the experienced folk. It has 400 built-in embroidery designs, with the ability to add designs of your own using the USB port. More on that later.
It’s computerized with an LCD display and easy-to-use navigation buttons. It has bobbin thread monitoring, to alert you of any breakage. Also, the machine stops if the thread’s missing.
Review Of Eversewn Hero 400
Let’s take a quick look at what to expect when you order the HERO 400 and what features it offers you.
What’s In The Box?
- Instruction manual
- Foot controller
- Power cord
- Embroidery unit
- Standard Accessories:
- All-purpose foot
- Zipper foot
- Buttonhole foot
- Overcasting foot
- Blind hem foot
- Satin stitch foot
- Button sewing foot
- Simple embroidery foot
- Bobbin (3x)
- Edge/quilting guide
- Spool holder (Large)
- Spool holder (Small)
- Spool pin felt
- Second spool pin
- Screwdriver (L & S)
- Brush/ Seam ripper
- Needle (3x)
- Embroidery set (L-110*170mm)
- Soft cover
You can also order these optional accessories:
- Hemmer foot
- Cording foot
- Quilting foot
- Darning/ Embroidery foot
- Gathering foot
- Twin needle
- Walking foot
- Embroidery set (S-40*40mm)
- Embroidery set (M-100*100mm)
Eversewn Hero 400 Specs
- Weight: 26.8 lbs
- Dimensions: 21 x 11 x 11.5 inches
- Stitches: 400+ utility, decorative and alphabet pattern stitches and 40 built-in embroidery designs
- Speed: 850 spm
- Computerized sewing and embroidery machine with LCD display
- 7mm stitch width
- Workspace of 6.5 inches
- Automatic needle threader
- Upper needle and bobbin thread level monitoring
- Includes 8 different presser feet
- USB port included
- Embroidery design sizing up to 110mm x 170mm
- Hook system: Drop-in
- 10-year warranty
Key Features Of Eversewn Hero 400
What key features does the HERO 400 offer you?
Easy-to-use Lcd Display And Navigation Buttons
The Hero 400 comes with LCD Display and navigation buttons placed on the side of the machine. They’re generally easy to use and self-explanatory.
- Normal mode: the normal mode display shows settings of different stitch patterns. Examples of the information shown are the pattern, pattern number, auto-lock, suggested presser foot, needle position and more. You can also browse all the stored patterns using the pattern browser display option.
- Memory mode: this is where you can store your own patterns and their settings. You can navigate through your stored patterns to display their settings or use any of them for your design. This mode also has a pattern browser display option.
- Embroidery mode: this is where the real magic is. In this mode, you have 3 options to choose from: Built-in embroidery pattern, built-in embroidery letter, and designs from USB. This gives you the option to create your own designs and upload them to a USB flash drive. You can then connect it to your Hero 400 machine and voila!
Removable Embroidery Unit
The HERO 400 can be used both as a sewing and embroidery machine, a two-in-one. It comes with a removable embroidery unit and an L-110*170mm embroidery set. If you want to work with different embroidery areas you can order either the S-40*40mm or the M-100*100mm embroidery set.
Built-in Pattern Designs/Stitches
It’s called the Hero 400 because it comes with 400 built-in pattern and stitch designs. You can choose from precisely designed patterns or letters or even mix and match between both. This is perfect for creating logos or patches.
Bobbin Thread Monitor
A very useful feature in Hero 400 is the bobbin thread level monitor. A warning message is shown on the LCD display whenever the bobbin thread is running low. The machine will also stop if the thread’s broken or missing. This feature ensures that your pattern is stitched to perfection.
Important Details And Quick Tips: Getting The Best out of the Eversewn Hero 400
Our tips and tricks for really benefiting from the HERO 400’s many features.
Suitable For Beginners
Hero 400 is very easy to use, especially for beginners. Everything you need to get you started with your new embroidery project is in the box, except for the fabric and threads of course!
If you’re unfamiliar with how to create your own designs, you can simply choose from the extensive built-in pattern library that comes with the machine. The user manual also has detailed sections on how to set up the machine, the threading, how to use the pattern library.
You can also watch these videos to learn more about using the machine.
Put Your Creative Hat On!
If you don’t like the built-in patterns or have a specific pattern in mind, that’s fine. You can simply make your own pattern designs, upload them to a USB flash drive and connect it to your Hero 400.
You’ll have to download the Hero embroidery conversion software here. The software also comes with a guide so you don’t get lost. Follow the instructions, convert your patterns and let the Hero 400 make them for you.
One tip is not to put your converted patterns in a folder inside the USB flash drive, because the machine won’t be able to read it this way. Simply put all the files directly in the drive.
Mind The Quality
The quality of the output is only as good as the quality of the input. I know it sounds obvious, but several users of the Hero 400 stated that they had less breakage and problems when they used good quality threads.
You don’t have to go for the super expensive stuff, but good quality cotton or polyester threads will definitely make a difference in your final product.
What We Like
- Comes with 400 built-in pattern designs to choose from
- Has a USB port that you can use to upload your own designs
- Compact and lightweight, won’t take up all of your work desk
- Bobbin thread monitoring for accurate results
What We Don’t Like
- No customer support, just online videos explaining how to use it
- Only a 10-year warranty
- Not suitable for heavier materials
Should You Buy The Eversewn Hero 400?
If you’re a beginner who wants an easy-to-use, good-quality sewing and embroidery machine, the Hero 400 is might be for you.
Even if you’re more experienced, the HERO 400 would still be a great option because of all the features, and at the same time, it won’t break the bank.
The multifunction and easy-to-use design with which the Hero 400 is made, makes it a good option for both beginners and the more experienced.
Other Models Might Suit You If
- You want to work with heavier/industrial materials
- You don’t like working with computerized machinery
- You want an industry-level, dedicated embroidery machine rather than a two-in-one
- You’d rather work with a machine with fewer features
The Eversewn Hero 400 Not For You? Here Are Other Options
- Brother Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine SE600, is an affordable option with some similar features
- SINGER | Superb EM200 Embroidery Sewing Machine, another good option from a well-known manufacturer
Or see more models in our buyer’s guide to embroidery machines.
Wrapping Up The Eversewn Hero 400 Review
This is a machine that’ll make things happen for you. You can start learning embroidery by using the pre-programmed patterns and once you get the hang of it, you can start creating your own designs.
It’s a very good option for you if you’re looking for something that has the capabilities to grow with you as you learn more. We say go for the EverSewn Hero 400 and start your next embroidery project!