Who said sewing machines have to be old-fashioned to be valuable? EverSewn is revolutionizing the embroidery craft through the Sparrow X machine.
They’re adding to the reliable Sparrow sewing line an automated embroidery functionality for improved versatility and easier use.
We will be taking an in-depth look at this technology-driven sewing embroidery machine and learning how it works.
What is the EverSewn Sparrow X?
Sparrow X is the latest state-of-the-art sewing & embroidery machine combo from EverSewn, a leading sewing machine brand. It comes with a compatible mobile app with customizable embroidery designs and several automated features for quick & easy use.
Review of EverSewn Sparrow X
What’s in the box?
- 2 Embroidery sets: 120×180 mm & 50×70 mm
- Thread net
- Bobbin (3x)
- 2 Spool pins
- 2 Spool holders: large & small
- Straight stitch plate
- Needles, 2 screwdrivers, seam ripper/ brush
- 7 Presser feet: all-purpose, zipper, buttonhole, satin stitch, button sewing, blind hem, overcasting, darning/ embroidery
- Edge/ quilting guide
- Foot control
- Warranty: 10 years for mechanical parts, 1 year on electrical, 1-year labor
EverSewn Sparrow X specs
- Dimensions: 17” x 11” x 7”
- Weight: 16 lbs
- Stitches: 120 stitches, 850/min
- Max stitch length: 4.5 mm
- Max stitch width: 7 mm
- Computerized embroidery machine
- Auto thread tension control
- Automatic needle threader
- 100 built-in embroidery designs
Key features of EverSewn Sparrow X
Smart Device Control
Through an integrated technology that’s available on Apple & Android, Sparrow X allows you to customize your designs easily through their EverSewn Pro app. It provides multiple editing options, enabling you to personalize your project easily.
Worth noting is that the machine reads most of the common embroidery files (.EXP, .PES, .DST, .XXX) It doesn’t work with (.ART) format though.
The app is easy to use with a friendly advanced interface and it works on both phones and tablets. It has its own integrated wifi module, so no external connection is needed.
The app intends to make your life easier. It monitors your progress through wi-fi even when you’re away from the machine. You can check the current status, time remaining and next thread color via the app to keep an eye on your work.
Advanced Auto Threader
The manufacturer promises you an automatic thread trimming function between jump stitches and electronic thread tension adjustment. In addition to a thread away function that guarantees a clean embroidery surface.
However, some users did complain of the trimming function not working properly and the thread tension needs frequent adjustment.
100 embroidery designs and 120 stitches are included. If you don’t like them, you can edit, resize or combine features using the app.
Or, you can make your own designs. This is an option that makes Sparrow X stand apart from its rivals.
Design types include floral, animals, sceneries, motifs, frame patterns, home patterns, hobbies, patches, and holiday designs. It’s highly likely you’ll find some that suit your taste.
Remove the embroidery arm, close the app and you get a normal sewing machine. Featuring 120 stitch patterns and 800 rpm sewing speed.
Don’t forget to swap the needle plate with the zig-zag one.
You’ll find plenty of buttons supporting ease of use of this device. Autolock, start/stop, needle up/down, speed adjustment, and value-setting.
There’s a storage compartment at the bed of the machine, in which you can store your needles, screwdrivers, bobbins and maybe more.
Important Details & Quick Tips: Getting the Best out of EverSewn Sparrow X
Ease of Use
As with any new product, you’ll need some time to get familiar with the way it works. Luckily, Sparrow X is easy to work with and you can figure out the basic functionality intuitively.
You don’t need to worry about the application being a headache, it has a pretty user-friendly interface. The manual provides more in-depth instructions.
Choosing a good quality thread is an essential requirement for a clean stitch and to avoid needle breakage. For the best embroidery performance, use 40wt polyester or glossy rayon as upper threads.
They’re known for their high tensile strength and colorfast features. For delicate embroidery, we recommend rayon.
Make sure to use a stabilizer with thin or stretch fabrics. They prevent needle breaking or bending. The best practice is to choose a stabilizer material larger than the hoop used. Stabilizers come in different types: tear-away, cut-away, adhesive, and water soluble.
What we like
- Easy-to-use app makes your embroidery work easier
- Produces top-notch quality and precise stitches
- The distant monitoring feature is helpful when you have a busy life
- Good value
What we don’t like
- Tension adjustment doesn’t work well and needs resetting each time you start the machine.
- Max embroidery speed is 650 rpm, not 850 rpm as claimed.
Should you buy EverSewn Sparrow X?
If you don’t already have a sewing or embroidery machine and you’re looking for something that offers dual functionality. This might be a convenient choice.
However, if you’re taking sewing as a hobby or limited to home use, you can find more affordable alternatives with similar performance.
Other models might suit you if
- You already own a sewing machine and you need a one dedicated for embroidery. (Such as the Brother PE800)
- You’re looking for a professional embroidery machine, this one is for domestic use.
EverSewn Sparrow X not for you? Here are some alternatives
- For a more advanced option, you could look at the Brother 1900 Sewing and Embroidery machine.
- A more affordable equivalent is Brother 600 combo
Wrapping up EverSewn Sparrow X Review
True to the claim, this is a next-generation sewing and embroidery machine combo that’s worthy of our attention. EverSewn continues to incorporate emerging trends into their machines, making our lives easier.